This page is setup to be a repository to house and record the history of the event name for the “Copper Harbor Trails Fest”, which was started in 1994 and is organized by the Copper Harbor Trails Club.
- 1994-xxxx: ???
- 2002: Fat Tire Festival
- 2003-2011: Copper Harbor Fat Tire Festival
- 2012: Copper Harbor Fat Tire Fest
- 2013-2016: Copper Harbor Trails Fest
- 2017-2020: Bell’s Beer Copper Harbor Trails Fest
- 2021: Copper Harbor Trails Fest, presented by the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge
- 2022-present: Keweenaw Mountain Lodge Copper Harbor Trails Fest
The event entails multiple races: cross country, downhill, enduro, and kids mountain biking races, along with a trail run.
1993: Keweenaw Adventure Company formed by Steve Brimm.
2008: The Copper Harbor Trails Club was formed as a 501(c)3 by Sam Raymond and Aaron Rogers.
2012: The Flow trail voted one of IMBA’s Flow Country Trails.
2013: IMBA designated Copper Harbor a silver-level Ride Center
To help with the data research, it is good to know who the race director was each year.
- 1994-1997: ???
- 1998-2012: Sam Raymond [ source ]
- 2013-2017: ???
- 2018-Present: Nathan Miller