At the Lodge, we seek awesome people who bring fun, joy, and adventure to work each day. Our team members value integrity, honesty, positivity, and each other, while celebrating the history and future of the Lodge, the Keweenaw, and our environment.
If you share these values (see our full set of team values) and want to see how you might fit in at the Lodge, check out the job descriptions below. You can meet the rest of the team here.
Note: We have housing available for employees this year in the hotel complex so team members can stay on property ($100/week/person — double occupancy). [ View employee housing accommodations and the Employee Handbook for more employee benefits (e.g. healthcare insurance, 401(k), weekly outdoor activity, rideshare, tuition reimbursement ]
We follow a multi-step process in our hiring process, which takes time. We do not hire fast, as we want to improve the probability that the person will be a good fit with the KML team and our values — which leads to an improved probability that people will be successful on our team and life, while also supporting the success of the organization.
- Step 1: Submit application (making sure to include examples of how you live the values)
- Step 2: Individual interview with a KML staff member
- Step 3: Team interview with multiple KML staff members
- Step 4: Testlab (which can be 2-14 days)
- Step 5: Hiring decision is made (allowing both parties to say yes or no about the future of working together)