Maintenance Technician will have basic knowledge of construction, painting and general maintenance. This person must be willing to be a team player and able to work independently when needed. This position includes shifts on Saturdays and Sundays, with the remaining hours being picked up during the weekdays to get to 40 hours / week. Additionally, this position requires shifts on some holidays.
Responsibilities and activities performed
- Make minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs
- Use of hand and power tools
- Opens Lodge in the morning and secures the Lodge in the evening
- Clean fireplaces and replenish firewood in cabins and Lodge as needed
- Lawn care maintenance around cabins and lodge
- Keep outside areas clean of debris and trash
- Respond to calls when needed in a timely manner
- Complete and document work orders
- Participate in daily water system readings / maintenance when needed
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the supervisor
- Adhere to Lodge safety procedures and policiesQualifications
Preferred qualifications include certifications in and / or direct electrical work experienceAt the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, we strive to provide a fun, joyous, and adventuresome working environment. An ideal employee behaves with integrity, honesty, and is always seeking opportunities to learn. The candidate we are seeking will provide excellent customer service, but will also support and help colleagues across the Lodge’s various departments.
Employee housing available
We have housing available for employees this year in the hotel complex (double occupancy). [ View employee housing accommodations for the 2022 season ]
Please complete the form below and upload your resume as a Word document or PDF file.
A Recommendation: When answering the question about providing “Examples of Your Values“, provide examples of how you live your values, and not just list your values in your answer.
|Job Category||Facilities Management|