The Housekeeping Lead is responsible for the day-to-day execution of housekeeping duties and team member support for the Lodge’s historic cabins and buildings. You will strive to maintain a high level of guest happiness, cleanliness, and upkeep of cabins, and find opportunities that better equip the department to achieve its established goals. Responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training, and motivating team members, and checking private and public areas for tidiness. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and operate with Lodge Core Values.
Responsibilities and activities performed
- Work on-site on a daily basis to manage the effective and efficient movements of the Housekeeping Team via in-person support and supervision.
- Collaboratively maintain departmental budget using GSuite as well as researching products and services inline with the vision and values of the Lodge.
- Utilizing specific technologies (booking program, digital thermostat applications) to help quickly and intelligently re-direct team members as needed when unforeseen changes in the schedule occur such as maintenance work, early arrivals, and / or late-checkouts.
- Adjust the future schedule as needed including updates regarding the status of cabin bookings
- Verify that cleaning standards and practices (materials/products/equipment) are followed. It is critical to use correct products to avoid damaging the historic cabins as well as making the guest experience excellent
- Ensure the team has all the tools and training necessary to properly complete tasks and ensure a positive and delightful experience for all guests.
- Maintain inventories of cleaning supplies and products meet our environmentally-conscious focus.
- Keep the team on a pathway towards continuous improvement via data-driven decision-making and departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). This includes the facilitation and inclusion of quality training of staff and monthly cross-training activities.
- Effectively coordinate special “deep or spring cleaning” and other projects according to a comprehensive and collaborated on pre-approved, Lodge specific task list.
- Complete annual or biannual team member reviews that are fair, objective, and ultimately lead to continuous improvement.
- Help ensure that safety steps and standards are strictly followed.
- Providing coaching, motivation, team leadership – bring a positive and enthusiastic attitude to work every day. You have the unique opportunity to create a great day for many co-workers and staff – see the Core Values of the team.
- Recruit and hire new employees.
- Work with the other departments to ensure consistency in the resort’s operations and guest experiences.
- Prior Housekeeping supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Housekeeping practices and procedures for the planning, supervision, and completion of multiple and sophisticated assignments.
- Strong digital literacy and the proficient use of related software applications such as Google Suite are required.
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Thorough attention to detail and dedication to the consistent delivery of quality work results.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong leadership, motivational, and people skills
- Creative thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
This position starts immediately. A year-round position.
About the Lodge Culture
At the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, we strive to provide a fun, joyous, and adventuresome working environment. An ideal employee behaves with integrity, honesty, and is always seeking opportunities to learn. The candidate we are seeking will provide excellent customer service, but will also support and help colleagues across the Lodge’s various departments.
Employee housing and rideshare available. We have housing available for employees this year in the hotel complex (double occupancy). [ View employee housing accommodations for the 2022 season ]. As well, we have a rideshare program that people can take advantage of for carpooling to and from the Lodge. [ View rideshare information ]
Please complete the form below and upload your resume as a Word document or PDF file.
A Recommendation: When answering the question about providing “Examples of Your Values“, provide examples of how you live your values, and not just list your values in your answer.
|Job Category||Administration, Guest Services, Housekeeping|