The Keweenaw Mountain Lodge is seeking a Golf Course Superintendent that wants to develop professionally and be a part of the golf course maintenance team to maintain the quality turf conditions at our wilderness 9-hole golf course.
This position will start immediately with a focus on the summer activities at the Lodge’s golf course. The main requirement is the summer operations and ensuring the golf course is in good condition for golfers. However, ideally, the candidate will want to work year-round at the Lodge. This would entail focusing on growing grass, advance preparation for the following season’s golf and the winter maintaining the trails (grooming).
Primary responsibilities and activities performed
The golf course superintendent’s main job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and wetlands on the facility grounds.
- Continues the process for becoming a certified Audubon Society Golf Course
- Manages an aggressive water usage tracking plan and irrigation systems and provides monthly reporting.
- Organizes and implement the daily tasks of the golf course maintenance personnel including training, scheduling and task scheduling.
- Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Lodge’s grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Collaborates with Maintenance Department and Outdoor Activities Leads on all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations.
- Develops course annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Schedules maintenance practices around course usage to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members.
- Coordinates snow removal and winter maintenance activities when necessary.
- Equipment operator
- Mowing grass
- Communicate professionally with Lodge personnel
Recommended job qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in golf course maintenance
- Minimum 2-year college agronomy degree preferred
- Either have already, or able to obtain, a Michigan Pesticide applicators license within the 2022 or prior to the 2023 golf season
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and record keeping as required by local, state and federal laws
At the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, we strive to provide a fun, joyous, and adventuresome working environment. An ideal employee behaves with integrity, honesty, and is always seeking opportunities to learn. The candidate we are seeking will provide excellent customer service, but will also support and help colleagues across the Lodge’s various departments.
This position runs April / May through August / Fall, and ideally becomes a year round position (with both summer and winter outdoor activities).
Employee housing available
We have housing available for employees this year in the hotel complex (double occupancy). [ View employee housing accommodations for the 2022 season ]
For any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the form below and upload your resume as a PDF or Word file.
A Recommendation: When answering the question about providing “Examples of Your Values“, provide examples of how you live our Core Values.
|Job Category||Administration, Facilities Management, Golf|