The Food and Beverage Lead is responsible for food and beverage / dining services at the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, in order to ensure the food, beverage, and service at the resort is wonderful and follows the resort’s food niche: Rustic Worldly Food.
Responsibilities and activities performed
- Work with the front-of-the-house staff to provide guests a wonderful dining experience
- Work with the back-of-the-house staff to plan menus (we update menus on a regular basis to keep things fresh — see “Past Menus“)
- Staff and schedule appropriately in alignment with budget and goals
- Training and evaluate staff performance
- Nurture a positive working environment — see the Core Values of the team
- Plan and develop the overall dining services operations and marketing strategy — inline with the resort’s brand and image, and the Rustic Worldly Food niche
- Talk to guests to ensure they have a good experience, and address any concerns guests may have
- Resolve conflicts that may arise from customers or employees in a professional manner
- Build a food and beverage operation that focuses on being environmentally conscious (e.g. composting, using friendly containers, reducing food waste, etc.)
- Manage food and beverage supplies
- Ensure appropriate inventory and ordering systems are in place
- Estimate consumption, forecast requirements, budget for, order, and maintain inventory
- Control costs and minimize waste — we are working towards being more and more environmentally conscious with our operations at the resort
- Catering of the onsite events (e.g. weddings)
- Recruit and hire new employees
- Work with the other departments to ensure consistency in the resort’s operations and guest experiences
- Implement innovative strategies to improve the product, service, culinary arts image, and revenue
- From worldly travels, the retention of extensive food and wine knowledge
- Computer literacy
- Strong leadership, motivational, and people skills
- Good financial management skills
- Creative thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
This position starts immediately. A year-round, salaried position.
About the Lodge Culture
At the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, we strive to provide a fun, joyous, and adventuresome working environment. An ideal employee behaves with integrity, honesty, and is always seeking opportunities to learn. The candidate we are seeking will provide excellent customer service, but will also support and help colleagues across the Lodge’s various departments.
Employee housing and rideshare are available. We have housing available for employees this year in the hotel complex (double occupancy). [ View employee housing accommodations for the 2021 season ]. As well, we have a rideshare program that people can take advantage of for carpooling to and from the Lodge. [ View rideshare information ]
Please complete the form below and upload your resume as a Word document or PDF file.
A Recommendation: When answering the question about providing “Examples of Your Values“, provide examples of how you live your values, and not just list your values in your answer.
|Job Category||Administration, Food and Beverage|