Event Operations Assistant:
The Event Operations Assistant ensures smooth event operations at the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge. This includes helping with set-up, keeping events running on schedule, coordinating with vendors for deliveries and set-up, and assigning staff tasks.
- Works with the Events Department Lead to plan events, including meeting with clients, planning menus and beverage orders, helping to conduct tours of the Lodge, and related tasks as assigned.
- Oversees event setup and tear-down, including table setting, decorating, coordinating with clients, table and dance floor setup, bar setup, post-event cleanup, and other related duties.
- Works with Facilities and Food and Beverage departments on setup and tear-down schedules and tasks.
- Manages event timelines, including table dismissals, serving schedules, grand entrances, shut down, and similar.
- Assesses staffing needs during an event, including assigning tasks, dismissing staff as needed, and similar.
- Assist with other departments when necessary.
- Attend the All Hand On Deck monthly meeting that updates all employees about the current status of the resort.
At the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, we strive to provide a fun, joyous, and adventuresome working environment adhering to our Core Values. An ideal employee behaves with integrity, honesty, and is always seeking opportunities to learn. The candidates we are seeking will be a positive contribution to the events and education operations, but will also support and help colleagues across the Lodge’s various departments when necessary.
Position duration is June-October with the opportunity to extend.
Employee housing and rideshare are available. We have housing available for employees this year in the hotel complex (double occupancy). [ View employee housing accommodations for the 2022 season ]. As well, we have a rideshare program that people can take advantage of for carpooling to and from the Lodge. [ View rideshare information ]
Please complete the form below and upload your resume as a PDF or Word file.
A recommendation: When answering the question about providing “Examples of Your Values“, provide examples of how you live your values, and not just list your values in your answer.