Enhance your digital communication and marketing skills while working for a historic WPA-era resort, the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge (KML).
You will focus on creating digital content via KML’s web site and social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube). The paid internship can be done from anywhere (virtual).
Core responsibilities include developing appropriate web and social media content including videos, developing a blog and social media posting schedule, keeping the web site up-to-date, and evaluating data and analytics to guide decision making.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong written and communication skills, with a specific understanding of how to write and communicate on each digital platform KML uses
- Experience with working with WordPress
- Experience in writing web site content and blog posts
- Experience in developing and managing social media content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube
- Experience with video editing software
- Experience with graphic design software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Canva, etc.)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Interested in and enjoy outdoor activities, and the wilderness is a plus
About the Lodge Culture
At the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, we strive to provide a fun, joyous, and adventuresome working environment. An ideal employee behaves with integrity, honesty, and is always seeking opportunities to learn. The candidate we are seeking will provide excellent customer service, but will also support and help colleagues across the Lodge’s various departments.
Timing and Location
This paid internship starts immediately, and can be done from anywhere (virtual). The length of the internship is dependent on the schedule of the candidate.
Please complete the form below and upload your resume as a Word document or PDF file.
A Recommendation: When answering the question about providing “Examples of Your Values“, provide examples of how you live your values, and not just list your values in your answer.