The Keweenaw Mountain Lodge is seeking an individual that wants to develop professionally and be a part of the golf course maintenance team to maintain the quality turf conditions. This position provides an individual the opportunity to train as an assistant golf course superintendent at our wilderness 9-hole golf course (note: the golf course is part of the overall outdoor activities at the resort).
This position will start in April / May with a focus on the summer activities at the Lodge’s golf course, and end early September/late October. The main requirement is the summer operations and ensuring the golf course is in good condition for golfers. This would entail focusing on growing grass on the golf course, along with improving the landscape at the golf course.
Primary responsibilities and activities performed
The assistant golf course superintendent’s main job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assistant in the day to day operation under the guidance of the superintendent / owner
- Organizes and implement the daily tasks of the golf course maintenance personnel including training, scheduling and task scheduling
- Help create pesticide and fertilizer programs with the superintendent and make sure programs are followed throughout the season
- Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Lodge’s grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Continues the process for becoming a certified Audubon Society Golf Course
- Equipment operator
- Mowing grass
- Water management: manage an aggressive water usage tracking plan and irrigation systems and provides monthly reporting.
- Spray application record keeping
- Task scheduling
- Communicate with personnel
- Train staff members
Recommended job qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in golf course maintenance
- Minimum 2-year college agronomy degree preferred or enrolled in a 2 or 4 year turf program
About the Lodge Culture
At the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, we strive to provide a fun, joyous, and adventuresome working environment built on our core values. The candidate we are seeking will be a happy and positive person that performs her/his responsible duties at a high level of quality, and will also support and help colleagues across the Lodge’s various departments. [ review our values ]
To see the benefits provided, review the KML Employee Handbook and the list of benefits.
This position runs April/May through early September / late October.
For any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the form below and upload your resume as a PDF or Word file.
A Recommendation: When answering the question about providing “Examples of Your Values“, provide examples of how you live our Core Values. [ don’t just list what your values are ]
|Job Category||Facilities Management, Golf|